- Planter - your plant growing assistant
- Use your imagination and our technology to grow plants
- Intelligent Crop System
- Planter management - Admin Panel
- Multitasking for professional crops
- For professional growers and demanding plant species
- A device for plant lovers and beginner growers
- Design for hobbyists and do-it-yourselfers
- How is Planter built and what can it do?
- Open source code
- What's next.
- Did you like Planter?
- Contact us
- Planter changelog
At PrestaShow, on a daily basis, we develop eCommerce software that helps online store owners stay independent in a world where corporations are pushing their way. Today we programmed a microcontroller and built a Planter - our first device! And we want to share it!
- We have been working on the Planter from 2019 until today (2023)
We will make contact with farms that want to influence the role of Planter in agriculture or want to collect structured data and introduce modern technologies and automation in their crops.
Call: +48 506 312 999
Planter was created by combining many branches of science and technology, so that everyone can take care of plants at home, on the balcony, in the garden, greenhouses and in the field in a modern way. Planter is a device equipped with intelligent software and sensors. With the Planter you will integrate with your plants, collect precise data, take care of optimal conditions for their development and provide them with care when you leave, for example, on a trip around the world.
- Open Source - free and open code.
- NoCloud - fully private
- IoT - Internet of Things
Basic communication with the Planter is done via WiFi. Planter can connect to your network or you can connect to a HotSpot created by Planter. You can control the Planter on smartphones and laptops that have Wi-Fi and a web browser: iOS, Android, Linux and Windows. The Admin Panel comes in the form of a modern, responsive website so you can configure, read and analyze the data you collect.
Planter's software is highly flexible. The administration panel allows you to read and analyze data from an infinite number of miniature sensors:
- Air temperature and humidity
- Solar energy parameters
- Atmospheric pressure
- Precipitation and air quality
- Water level in the reservoir
- Soil moisture
- pH and EC of soil and water
- Photosynthesis efficiency
The hardware capabilities will also allow you to connect your own independent sensors that you use in your cultivation (e.g. pH, EC, etc.) to the Planter. The Planter will read the data from them and then allow you to use them in analysis, automation and planning.
The planter also integrates with any equipment and allows you to control it in an automated way. Based on the collected data, you can create any process to control and automate routine activities.
Based on the collected data you can control:
- Humidification and dehumidification of air
- And any other equipment you use for growing
Planter will help you collect and analyze data so you can create ideal conditions for your plants, in any environment.
We designed Planter to enhance the functionality (UX) of commercially available solutions and free up expensive technology. Forget meters of cables, sluggish climate computers and complicated installation.
Planter will help you precisely control plant cultivation at any scale and integrate with any algorithm:
- Laboratory and experimental crops
- Cover crops, tunnels, greenhouses
- Cultivation in the field - fields and orchards
- Cultivation in soil and substrate
- Hydroponic cultivation
Create an optimal microclimate for vegetables in the greenhouse, grow tomatoes on the balcony, manage a green wall in the living room or hydroponic cultivation....
Open Source Planter is a device ready to integrate with plants. Planter will introduce you to the world of agriculture, home cultivation and plant physiology. Deploy sensors integrated with any micro-irrigation elements on your windowsill, balcony or terrace. Turn on the Planter, punch in your settings following the Planter's directions and prompts. The Planter will take care of the rest and show you the results of its work.
We are developing Planter to make it easy to use for everyone. The direction of the development of the device and software is set by the community, including professional growers and scientists.
In order to efficiently deliver new features and improvements to all users, we have equipped the Admin Panel with a 1-Click Update firmware update system.
The Planter has been prepared with students and self-taught people taking steps into the world of plant cultivation, electronics or programming in mind. By assembling the Planter on your own, you will become proficient in soldering, learn SMD technology, professional measurement, calibration and communication methods, and good object-oriented source code for microcontrollers and web applications, among other things.
If you are involved in growing challenging plant species, conducting a science experiment or learning electronics and programming, we will be proud if our device helps you grow. Explore, gain experience and follow your dreams!
Planter is modern electronics combined with intelligent software
You can buy the Planter in a ready-to-use version or you can build it yourself. With documentation, it is easy to assemble for anyone with basic electronics and soldering knowledge.
- A small device with very low power consumption.
- Built with 84 of the best-rated, publicly available electronic components that can be found in most electronic component stores.
- The main microcontroller is ESP32 with a 240 Mhz 2-core processor.
- It features a 2.8'' clear LCD touchscreen display, LED notification lights, buzzer, SD card reader, navigation button and 7 I/O connectors.
- A 3-piece case that you can print in your favorite color on a 3D printer
- The planter has built-in sensors that provide highly accurate environmental data, including soil, air, lighting and water parameters .
- The Planter can communicate with remote, miniature, wired and wireless - self-contained sensors that study and process plant and environmental parameters even over hectare-sized areas.
- The Planter analyzes the data collected by the sensors and takes the actions you have planned.
- The planter communicates via WiFi, radio and GSM-SMS. If you value peace and quiet in the ether, you can disable wireless communication.
- You can control all Planter settings and tasks remotely from the Admin Panel, which uses the latest microcontroller programming technologies and allows you to control the Planter from your phone and computer.
- With the Planter you can run devices of up to 36W and control (12V) the operation of pumps, lighting, ventilation, dehumidification and humidification, heating, curtains and other devices that you use in growing plants.
Schematics, thousands of lines of source code, hundreds of tests, comments and documentation will be available on Git. If you want to modify the system or develop it together with us - go ahead!
- Electronic board design, schematics and models were prepared in AutoDesksoftware .
- Admin panel and database application (/data) use NodeJS, Svelte, TypeScript, HTML, CSS and ChartJS components.
- The microcontroller core is written in OOP C++, EspAsyncWebServer and uses our proprietary Web Controllers System.
- The back-end is equipped with an API with which you can communicate with devices, sensors, settings and data collected by the Planter. This allows you, for example, to integrate Planter with home automation.
We are currently working on a parts list and instructions for assembling and operating the Planter Open Source. We are also implementing fixes and improvements reported by testers and friends of Planter.
- Q4'23 - we will make Planter Open Source available to everyone in the World!
- Q4'24 - we will present a new version of software and hardware - Planter Commercial. Even your grandmother will like it :)
- Q2'25 - totally wireless, multi-purpose remote sensors and monitoring, which will quickly and efficiently enable you to create a Smart Sensory Plant Breeding Network under any conditions (you will be shocked!:)
What you have read is just the tip of the iceberg!
Planter will reinvent plant growing and make plant lovers and farmers, more independent, anywhere on Earth. To stay up to date and not miss the Planter launch, like us on
Planter does not use financing. There are no sponsors and no investors. We create it out of love for our planet and healthy food, so that everyone can get closer to nature and be independent. This vision drives our actions. Therefore, we will be obliged to use your support to the best of our ability.
Each supporter will receive priority access to the opportunity to purchase the Planter on the day of its release.
You can donate to Planter's development via PayPal:
Artur Dobrzynski @CEO
- If you are an electronic parts supplier and want to be a Planter distributor
- If you want to automate agricultural or experimental activities, but lack data
- If you want to leave your garden and flowers taken care of when you go on vacation
We have been keeping a changelog since May 2021. We always release the next versions of the software at the end of the month. The changelog contains all the improvements made to the source code in the meantime.
We have divided the changelog into two parts:
- Web - or Admin Panel. It contains all the elements you can unclick on the web page to customize Planter's operation.
- Device - the source code of the device.