Advanced Warehouse Management in PrestaShop 1.7
With this module, your store will enable you to manage multiple warehouses, such as when you have multiple stationary stores or when you integrate with multiple wholesalers.
- Create and manage multiple warehouses directly in PrestaShop
- Automatic and manual warehouse movements, such as deliveries.
- Warehouses for products and combinations
- Link warehouses to suppliers and wholesalers or stationary stores
- Information on the product page about product quantities in multiple warehouses
- Multiple delivery choices if the products in the order are in warehouses
Before you test the module in the demo store
In theknowledge base you will find instructions on how to properly run all the functions of the module:
From which warehouse will the product go to the order?
The module supports 3 warehouse management methods:
- AVCO - weighted average
- FIFO - first in, first out
- LIFO - last in, first out
Delivery methods and personal pickup
You can integrate warehouses with the delivery methods available in your store.
- Assign delivery methods to warehouses (choose from the delivery modules you use)
- Set a message to the customer about the availability and unavailability of goods
- Each warehouse can deliver goods at different times
- Enable the possibility of Personal Collection at the warehouse
- Enable multiple delivery method selection for warehouses participating in the order.
Order containing products from multiple warehouses
You can enable/disable multiple delivery selection for a customer if their shopping cart contains products available from different warehouses. The customer will be able to indicate the supplier for each warehouse during the order. This will allow you to receive payment for each of the deliveries
- During the order process, the customer will classically indicate one method of delivery for the entire order, even if this includes products from different warehouses
- During the order, the customer will indicate the delivery methods for each warehouse involved in the order.
If you enable multiple delivery choices, then during the order process in your store, the module will display a list of deliveries available for each warehouse that takes part in the order. Under the name of the warehouse, the products that will be shipped from that warehouse are listed. The customer, in order to proceed further, must indicate the delivery method for each warehouse.
Multiple selection of warehouses will adapt the appearance to your template. To change the appearance, you can edit the .css and .tpl files of the module.
Split order by warehouse
A customer's shopping cart with products from different warehouses will create orders for each of the warehouses that participate in the order.
Orders created from one have a common order code (order reference), which is completed with a unique order ID, e.g. DHUQKCDTL#1, DHUQKCDTL#2, etc.
With such numbering, you will maintain order and transparency in your orders, communication with the customer, wholesalers and suppliers, and easily integrate with external systems, such as ERP.
Stocks on the product page
Enable the list of warehouses on the product page. The module will display available quantities in all locations along with information about delivery time or possibility of personal pick-up. In the module you will find 4 ready-to-use looks for the list of warehouses on the product page. You can also edit the looks in .css and .tpl files.
Transfer warehouse management to PrestaShop
PrestaShop by default has a single "Quantity" field in the product edit and its combination. Advanced Warehouses will allow you to place products and combinations in multiple warehouses. Install the module and go through the 4 configuration steps:
1. add warehouses
A warehouse is a physical or virtual point where your product is located. It can be the warehouse of your store or the warehouse of a wholesaler.
Fields to describe the warehouse: name, code, address, contact information. You will be able to display this information on the store front. This way your customers will know where the goods are located or personal pickup.
2. mapping the default "Quantity" field.
Products in your store use the default "Quantity" field. Many external integrations also use this field, such as integrations with Amazon, ERP, or Allegro.
Our module leaves the default "Quantity" field in your store, but you can decide what goes in this field:
- "Quantity" = sum of quantities from all warehouses where the product is located, or
- "Quantity" = quantity from a specific warehouse
The module will automatically populate the default "Quantity" field based on the configuration you indicate.
3. add products and combinations to warehouses
After creating multiple warehouses, your products still use the default "Quantity" field.
Manually assign product to warehouses
The module adds a "Warehouses" tab in the product edition. In the tab you will assign the product to warehouses and change the stocks in the warehouses. Any manual change of quantity will be recorded in the history of warehouse movements.
Bulk addition of products to warehouses
Using the mass inclusion of warehouses, you can rewrite values from the default Quantity field to the indicated warehouse.
4 Warehouse movements
Warehouse movements are managed automatically, i.e. an order takes a product out of stock.
Manual warehouse movements:
- In product editing. Any change will be saved in warehouse movements.
- Create bulk warehouse movements, e.g., a delivery, in which you specify multiple products and their quantities in bulk.
Automatic warehouse movements:
- Using the PShowImporter module - importing and updating quantities from different warehouses to designated warehouses.
- Using external software - you can connect to the tables in the PrestaShop database using, for example, API. The structure of Advanced Warehouses tables is described in the Knowledge Base on HelpDesk.
Connect warehouses with wholesalers and suppliers
You can carry out the flow of information between suppliers and wholesalers and your PrestaShop store using the PrestaShop Importer module . Once configured, the integration by XML, CSV or API will automatically update inventories in multiple warehouses. Changes will be immediately visible in the admin panel, in stock movements and on the product page.
You can optionally enablethe date of the last inventory update on the product page in the module setting.
Integration of warehouses with ERP
You can integrate any warehouse you create with external systems. You can find documentation on the structure of the Advanced Warehouse database in the knowledge base.
Forward this entry to your ERP software provider to automate the flow of information between the warehouses in your software and your PrestaShop store:
Advanced Warehouses in PrestaShop Multistore
Multistore support through this module is at an additional cost. In Multistore option, all warehouses are visible in all stores. If a product is in a store, it uses the same warehouses as in all stores. In other words: assigning warehouses to the product, and the product to the store determines, the visibility of warehouses.
In the future, we will develop the module with the ability to hide warehouses in selected stores.
Customize the module to fit your business model
Here are suggestions for implementation in the module - ask for a quote if you are interested.
- Integration of the store and Advanced Warehouses with ERP systems with an open database, such as SubiektGT
- Automation of processes for goods receipt, orders and shipments
- Integration with devices that speed up work, such as scanners, scales, displays, etc.
- Integration and programming of microcontrollers and IoT devices
- Programming mobile applications to facilitate warehouse work
- Interactive map of warehouses and personal pickups